Thursday, May 03, 2018

5 Days as a Nutritarian . . . fail?

So . . .

I started on Sunday and everything was going well. Last night I kinda fell off the wagon . . . kinda.

I went to Chipotle.

I needed something a little more substantial than what I was planning to have that evening, which was gonna be another huge salad with a side of steamed veggies and half a cup of black beans. Yeah, the salad is humongous but it really is low in calories. I was feeling kinda foggy, which I never got when I was following the Slow Carb Diet. After doing a bit more reading, I think I need to re-plan my meals. I'll finish this week as close to what I'm supposed to be doing, but adding a bit more legumes and grains.

As for what happened yesterday with the Chipotle stop? I NEEDED food. I picked up a burrito with brown rice, black beans a double scoop of the mild salsa (love that shit) and guac. It was fantastic!

So what I need to figure out is what to do for dinner. I'm gonna stick with the oatmeal breakfast and monster salad lunch. Below is my "recipe" for breakfast and lunch.

Breakfast
1/2 cup of Quaker Oatmeal
3/4 cup of frozen berries
1 banana
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk.

Breakfast is usually no problem as far as energy. It's after lunch when I start feeling fuzzy-headed.

Lunch
1/2 pound of mixed greens (baby spinach, baby kale)
1/2 pound of mixed veggies (tomato, cucumber, bell peppers)
1/2 pound of steamed veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots)
1/2 cup of black beans

Dinner is where I think I may have been missing some stuff. I was just eating the same thing I was eating at lunch. I needed a hearty meal instead of another monster salad. Though ideally that should be fine. I need to figure out what I need to make for dinner. Need to add some rice or quinoa and more legumes. I do love the Chipotle black beans. I need to look for the clone recipe for those. AND for the brown rice too!

GD

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I offend THIS time?