Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Crossfit update: 04/04/2012

Just a heads up for anyone who cares:

I've been on a Crossfit hiatus because of scheduling conflicts.  If you go back and check my previous posts, I only went to the gym about six times in one month.  Obligations come and go, and one of those obligations will soon let up and my schedule should open for me.

But . . .

Instead of taking the class, I'll be doing Crossfit at home.  I've already sold a bunch of my plates and raised half of the money I needed to replace them with bumper plates.  I didn't think I'd need to, but after trying some of the workouts with steel plates . . . well I didn't want to damage my bar or ding up my floor.

Speaking of which, I found a local feed store that has the horse stall mats for about $40.  They're 3x6's and nice and solid.  They'll make great flooring for my home gym.  I've got a full size adjustable power rack with a pull-up bar (not that I can do a stinkin pull-up), a couple of olympic bars, a couple of benches (though I don't like benching) . . . I think I've got a decent setup.

All I need now is a jump box (or plyometric box) which I'll build.  There are plenty of plans out there for them and I'm going to make one of those rectangular, multi-sided jump boxes (30"x24"x20").  If I need to go bigger, I'll begin stacking plates like at the gym.  There was this one dude there that was going from a standing jump, over four stinkin' feet!  It was awesome.

I also need to start finding landmarks on my street for distance when the WOD involves some sort of run. I've got access to one of them wheel measuring things so I can find the distances.

I do plan on visiting CF Ranch and see if I can set up a per visit plan with them, just so I can make sure my form isn't jacked up.  Last thing I want to do is get hurt while working out.  Hopefully my brother and I can spot each other.

You should begin seeing more of my love/hate of Crossfit here soon after April 15th.  I'm going to miss taking care of "The Daugher", but she won't be too far away.

GD

p.s.
i will also begin running more.  i know it's not needed with cf, but i miss running. it's therapeutic. a great way to just run problems away.

p.p.s
not gonna check, too lazy. run smiley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I offend THIS time?