Thursday, January 20, 2005

The title makes it sound ominous, doesn't it? It's not really, but I've had to think some after a cooling down and getting my thoughts in order.

The weekend, after the blowup by the boss, I was scheduled for a nice relaxing day of fragging and disembowling my friends at a LAN party. In between matches, we discuss how things are going in our respective lives:

One of my friends is looking forward to his marriage. I mean the guy already has it made. His wife is hot (of which I've made it abundantly clear), he's finishing up on remodeling his recently purchased home AND he's tuning a project car he bought from a moron that sold it to him for $500. The guy didn't know he just had to do a tune-up on the car to get it running. My friend has it running and now he's tuning it for some street racing!

Another friend just let me know that there is a possibility of computer related work at DLI in Monterey. He's already let me know what I've gotta freshen up on. He sent me some A+ certifictation study manuals and some Windows info that I'm gonna need to know about in the interview. I think I'll be ready for anything in about a month. That'll keep me in the timeline that I need turn in my application. I think I'm golden.


I know blogs should be more interesting but aren't blogs supposed to be almost like diaries? Every once in a while I'll post something that I think people HAVE to know if they don't want to be stuck in a rut. It can be work related or just something that needs to be said. I'll try to keep the political topics off of here because, even though I'm fairly well informed, it's not something that should be posted unless that's your thing.

So, here's my thought provoking "thought of the day" . . . it's work related.

If you are ever offered a promotion and you don't know if you should take it because you don't think you're capable, you're a moron. You have reason enough with being offered the job. Somebody has noticed what you've been doing. The PTB's don't just decide one day to promote or hire somebody. They have to make an informed decision like everyone else. Trust me when I say this: We are always watching!

GD

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I offend THIS time?