Thursday, January 27, 2005

Sac NB GTG

You may be wondering what the title means. Well, it says Sacramento New Beetle Get ToGether. The GTG was on Saturday (01/22/2005). Here's how it went:

I didn't know how long it took to get to Sacramento from the Monterey Bay area. So I figured might as well be safe than sorry. I woke up at 5:30 in the morning, took a shower and got ready. Called a friend who decided he should come with. He wasn't going to be joining me at the GTG. Too geeky. He was gonna visit his sister and watch his niece play indoor soccer. Anyway, I got to his house about ten til seven.

We arrived in Sacramento at roughly 9:30. Not to shabby. I was just haulin' ass down the road. The thing is, once you get to the outskirts of Sacramento, everyone else is haulin' ass as well. So I wasn't really to afraid of a speeding ticket. I better watch it though. I may have just jinxed myself.

I still had two and a half hours to kill so we went and had breakfast at Carrows near Sutters' Fort. My friends sister showed up there a few minutes after we arrived and they split after we finished having breakfast. One thing I would like to say just in case she's reading this: My friends sister paid for our breakfast as a thank you for bringing her brother along with me. That was pretty cool of her.

So I went over to Sutters Fort. That's where the GTG-meet-up was supposed to be. There was no free parking A-N-Y-W-H-E-R-E! So I went to Carrows again and picked up twenty bucks in quarters. The waitress asked if I was gonna go gamble. So off I went again in search of a good spot that everyone should easily find at the Fort. I loaded up my meter for an hour and waited.

About 5 til 12, nobody had showed up yet and my meter had run out. I got out and put in another quarter for 15 minutes. 12 o'clock on the dot two other NB's showed up. 03GLXLady (Laurie) showed up with her silver NB and a friend of hers we'll call Linda, because that's her name! Jillybug showed up in her white NB. Both NB's were GLX models. Nice leather interior, seat warmers and all the other trimmings. Made me jealous! I only have a GLS. Not cheap, but no leather seats. >:(

So we chatted a bit waiting to see if anyone else would show up. Nobody else did, so we decided to take a nice little jaunt arount the Fort to see if anyone else had maybe parked somewhere else on the block. During the walk, we discussed what we could do and I think Laurie suggested going to Old Town Sacramento. Sure! Lets! We got back to our NB's and I find a parking ticket on my windshield. I missed the meter maid by two minutes! Damn!!!!

We drive over to the general area of Old Town with me as the pack leader. Bad idea. I don't know Sacramento. I end up driving into and "Adult" motel. When I drove into the parking area, I had this little monologue going in my head as to why in God's name anyone would paint a motel a strange color of pink/violet. It wasn't until I got out (because I was lost) that I see Laurie and Linda laughing there collective asses off. Laurie asked what my intentions were. Was I going to try to have my way with them? That's when it clicked! I looked around and there were several people trying to figure us out. I almost blushed!

Laurie said she knew where to go and we took off again. Again, no free parking anywhere. No long term parking from the quick look I had around the place, either. We found some parking and maxed out the meter for an hour and a half. That totally sucked! We started our tour of Old Town Sac.

After our time was almost up with the meters, we figured it was time to eat and we went back to max out meters and found a place to eat. We had lunch and we talked a long time. It was really fun! When we left we figured we'd make it back in time. Guess what? We didn't. DAMN! I HATE Sacramento. We all got matching parking tickets! Here's the link to the pic:

http://forums.newbeetle.org/showthread.php?s=46feafd7745e5c24b3d2ff1a398ff118&threadid=47569

I don't think I ever want to visit Sacramento ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I offend THIS time?