Thursday, December 01, 2011

Last night of November 2011 run :)

I had originally planned to go for a run by my lonesome right after work.  It didn't quite work out the way I thought it would:

I got a text from one of my cousins.  He used to be a major gym-rat.  Taking supplements and protein.  Had this whole workout regimen to hit certain parts of the body . . . then he hooked up with one of my friends sisters and he went downhill from there.  He's now a chubs like me.  Except he ain't doing anything to remedy the situation.  He keeps saying he's going to do something like get back to the gym (he still has a Golds Gym membership) or doing some sort of fitness regimen at home.  He asked if he could go for a run with me.  "Sure, meet me at the Toro trail from last time", I said.

I had several missed calls on my iPhone (yeah, I said iPhone! Wanna make something of it?!).  They were from the daughter and her mom.  Apparently the daughter hadn't planned for a ride after her cheer practice aaaand she forgot her house keys.  Ooops.  I sent a text to my cuz and let him know I was gonna be a bit late.  He responded that he too would be late.  I told him to meet me at 6:30 at the trail.

I pick up the daughter from her friends house.  She's hungry.  She didn't want anything at the house.  I offered Subway, she countered with Der Weinerschnitzel.  Ugh!  So we're driving back home after the pick-up with the odor of chili cheese dogs in the car.  Crap.  And I can't have anything like that until Sunday-cheat-day!

I drop her ass off at the house and I head out to the trail.  I get a text from the cuz saying he can't make it.  Whatev!  I needed the run sooo bad . . .

And it turned out to be the most comfortable run in a loooong time.  I wasn't flying down the trail, but everything seemed right.  I had my rhythm down, I was pressing down with my big toe, my head was up, the Knuckle Lights kept my arms to my side.  It wasn't perfect by any measure, but it certainly felt perfect.

Distance: 2.68 miles
Time: 28:46

Yeah.  When I run I'm gonna start writing down those stats.  I've already got them on Daily Mile and Fitocracy.  I don't know if you'll be able to see my Fitocracy profile, but if you'd like an invite ask in the comment below.

GD

p.s.
too lazy to check.  run smiley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I offend THIS time?