Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Crossfit Ranch: Day 5

I didn't have a chance to go for my run last night and was really looking forward to Crossfit tonight.  I didn't have a chance to get home until after 9 and I was just exhausted.  I haven't gone to sleep that early in years, but I definitely needed it.  For the first time in a LONG time, my alarm woke me up.

The stress relief of a good workover was really needed. I ended up blowing off an obligation I had previously commited to, but I'm not going to sweat it. Someone else could take my place. I needed this.

Tonights workover was great.  We started with what the coach called a Crossfit Football (CFFB) warmup. All the following were 20 yards, out and back for a total of 40 yards.

CFFB Warmup:
Sprint
Shuffle Step (side step)
Karaokes
Backwards run
Sprint

Rest one minute, repeat.

We then prepped our bars for the following workover:

21 / 15 / 9 - Deadlifts (185 lbs) and box jumps

21 reps, 15 reps and 9 reps for time of the deadlifts and box jumps. When I finished as many as I could, I'd feel a bit light-headed. All the tightening of the muscles (legs and core) . . .

Same thing with the box jumps. After I finished with all that I could do, I'd get light-headed. I hope that's normal . . .

Friday is the Crossfit Games Open Challenge.  The only one I think I won't be able to do is the toes-to-bar.

This is the workover- (Youtube links for a couple of'em)
As many rounds and reps as possible in 18 minutes of the following:

15 box jumps (24" box)
115 lbs push-press - 12 reps
9 Toes-to-bar

Coach Tommy said if I can't do them, I'll be doing the some scaled down version of the toe-to-bar. I'll tell you how it goes.


GD

p.s.
too lazy to check. run smiley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I offend THIS time?