Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Today could be Number 10

Last week I read a post that inspired me to accept a challenge put forth by the blogger. The challenge was to run at least a mile everyday for 30 days.

Today's run could be run number ten!  And so far I've kept with running more than a mile a day.  And it hasn't been that difficult.  I'll admit some days I just didn't want to go, but after the run my mood had been lifted and felt MUCH better.  Those days have been the reason for me to continue on this challenge.  I just let go . . . and go.

The little bit of miles rack up and last week I cranked out about 18 miles. Not bad, but I'd love to do better.  I know what I've got to do to improve, but it'll be a bit before I can make some of those changes.  I hope to start this weekend, if things don't go to shit again.

So far the one major improvement I've noticed has been I've been sleeping the sleep of the dead. No more waking up several times a night, tossing and turning.  Drawback?  I can't seem to wake up the hour earlier so I can go for my run and do my crossfit workovers in the evening.  That's going to have to be one of the changes I need to make. That one's going to be difficult.

Legs have been feeling better as well. I'm still working out running form, even though I thought I was good. Nope.  I've got to learn to relax.  Every time I ask myself if I'm relaxed, I notice I'm not. It's hard to be relaxed when running, but it's doable. It's just minute changes, but they are noticeable.

I'm looking forward to tonights run. I'm thinking it's time to push for four miles . . .

GD

p.s.
too lazy to check. run smiley :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I offend THIS time?