Friday, June 22, 2012

Tonight should be Day 19

And along with it, I'll have broken through 50 accumulated miles since this weird endeavor began.

I still cannot explain to myself why I'm continuing with this. I've not had these kind of masochistic tendencies since I was in high school.  I start out ok and then on come the stinkin' hills! They are a BEAR!

For Manzanita Park, you start out going down hill for a while.  It's a decent warm-up, and then you gotta make it back up!  Well, by then I'm drenched and the legs are starting the feel it.  Now I've gotta climb back up the hill?!!! Ugh!

And to make me feel even better, you've got the CX team out there running up the hill . . . chatting away like it no thing. Bastards.  OH! And the cherry topper, little league soccer players right behind them laughing and chatting!  FUCKING bastards!

So whenever I come up on a walker (not Walking Dead walkers, enjoying the day walkers) I tell them they still have a LOOOOONG way to go uphill . . . to discourage them.  So they can go back to being potatoes.

Not really. But I really want to . . . sometimes.

I say the "Good job", moral support thing. I know there have been times when I'm draggin' ass and then someone comes along says that and it reminds me to keep pushing. Gotta "Pay it forward" and all that.

I'll be going for four tonight.

To the Pain!

"It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever."

GD

p.s.
to lazy to check. run smiley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I offend THIS time?