Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My first iMapMyRun: got a bit lost

My hour long "run"

So . . . the above link will show where I ran and for how long.  For some reason, I got a different time on my phone (59:27 for 4.03 miles).  The website shows 1:07 for the same 4 miles, so I don't know which is quite correct.  But the point is, IT TOOK ME AN HOUR!!!!

That really is frustrating.  If I hadn't screwed up my foot, I'd have completed it in about 40 to 45 minutes easy, even with all the hills and shit!  After about two miles, my foot had finally loosened up enough so I could run in good barefoot-form.  I wasn't barefoot though.  Not there.  The road was really rough and then it turned really gravelly then it went off trail.  A really rough trail.  Just read the previous post.  It was the same trail.

After I'd manage to loosen up, I pretty much ran the whole 2 miles.  Even with the climbs.  And boy, were there some climbs.  I actually enjoyed myself out there, though.  I was able to shut out the burn of the muscles and just move.  It wasn't too hot and there was a breeze.

If you look at the map, you'll notice there were some squiggly parts.  Those were the parts where I doubled back a couple of times because I got a bit lost and had to look for the right trail.  But that was alright.  I was laughing at myself for not paying attention.  I guess the endorphins kicked in and were making the run fun.

I'm probably gonna take the next couple of days off to let my foot get a bit better before I go on a run again.  It was a little difficult getting around this morning.  I hope I don't go apeshit crazy during these next couple of days.  I've actually gotten used to running every other day and itchin' to go on the days I don't.  I never thought I'd get the running bug.

But I guess that's not a bad thing, is it?

I think it may be time to begin doing some upper body stuff.  I haven't yet.  Maybe some pushups and crunches.  My only concern about pushups is that I get to the point where I can do a bunch in a row, like 50, and then begin to push harder than I should and end up screwing up my shoulder.  Always the left shoulder.  Hopefully I remember this time to just keep a schedule.  I think it's time for the Hundred Pushups.  I've been looking at this site for the last few months already.  But the shoulder injury always mocks me.  Maybe if I follow this plan, I won't hurt myself.

I'm gonna start this tonight.  I think the first day is just finding out your baseline.  How many "good-form pushups" you can do at once.  Good-form is key.  Don't cheat. That can lead to injury.  I gotta remember that.

Wish me luck.

GD

p.s.
didn't check grammar

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I offend THIS time?