Monday, June 13, 2011

New trail . . . oh boy.

So this last Saturday I was supposed to meet up with our group for a long run at 7:45.

Ummmm . . . I didn't make it.  A little too much drinky-drinky the night before.  I did go for a light two mile run around 11am, though.  It was a good fun run.  I still had to go for a long run this weekend though.

I usually help out my cousin by taking care of her kids on Saturday nights.  She doesn't get out of work until about 2am though.  So I usually stay up and read or watch a little TV.  Or have a little beer.  So she gets out of work and we drink and talk and drink . . . and I didn't leave until after 4am.

Mind you, I've was pissin' like a race horse because I was drinking two glasses of water for every beer I had.  Just my way of ensuring I don't drink too much and don't get fubar (for those who haven't watched Tango & Cash: FUBAR = Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition).

Later that morning, I was awake a little after 9am.  I couldn't sleep anymore.  I got up, showered and went to where my group was supposed to meet up for our run yesterday.  Unfortunately I don't think I did the "run" the group did.  The climb up was horrendous and really tore up.  I was wearing my NBMT's and even though well padded, I was feeling the bigger pieces of gravel.  My ankles really got worked, too.  So basically, I did a loop of about a mile and a half and I am feeling it.  Below is the link the the run I did:

My Demise

When I got home, I did the google maps thing and I think I found where they might have run.  It's mainly a paved road which goes to a gravel road.  Lot's of rolling hills so it'll be a pretty good workout.  Below is the link the the new and improved run:


Now that I know it's not a "trail".  I may actually enjoy the run tonight.  I hope to complete it within an hour.  If not, no biggie.  It's a new path to enjoy.

Also, yesterday after that crippling run I went to Borders to pick up a book one of my friends recommended I read.  The 4-Hour Body by Timothy Ferriss.  He had it in PDF form and if it was a normal type of book, I probably may have read it.  But seeing that it's a reference type of book, I'd need a physical copy of it.  I didn't feel like going to Santa Cruz to one of my favorite book stores (Logos) which may have had a used copy.  But I did have a 40% off coupon for Borders.  So I went there to purchase it.

I'm glad I did get a physical copy.  I've read through the first few chapters and depending on what your goals are, you'll be jumping all over the book.  So far it sounds promising.  Hopefully I can incorporate my weight loss goals with my running goals using the book.

GD

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I offend THIS time?