Wednesday, September 21, 2011

First after four days

Well I had my first run after those four days of doing nothing! And to make matters worse, I've not been keeping up with 4HB.  For shame!

I've been off the wagon since the weekend, and I'm still off it.  I've got to do something so my life at home doesn't interfere with health life . . . if that makes any sense.  I shouldn't be separating the two, but that's just the way it goes.

One reason for not being on the wagon is because Monday night at midnight, I picked up my new Gears Of War 3 Limited Edition XBox 360!  Yeah.  I'm Ubernerd.  I'm 38 and I still play video games.  And then people wonder why I have not girlfriend.  I'm almost the stereotypical fat nerd.  And when I wear my cool Warby Parker glasses (think Buddy Holly), I really start pushing it.  But where I separate myself from that stereotype is I'm not much into junk food and I really do enjoy running.  And running in my Vibram Five-Fingers!

When I jump off the wagon, I try to stick with healthy junk food.  If I go get a burger, no sauce. Tacos? Meat and veggies please, and no hard shell.  I attempt at the healthy.

As far as this last run, it was getting painful.  And it wasn't the foot.  The foot's been fine.  It's the leg now and it's still that weird hamstring thing.  It's going away quicker though.  Not as annoying.  A run, a quick massage and it's relieved though not gone.

It doesn't feel so bad today and I'm expecting to go for my run tonight, looking forward to it actually.

GD

p.s.
too lazy to check

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I offend THIS time?