Wednesday, September 07, 2011

My time management suks!

Yesterday I had planned to run right after I got out of work.  But a new game came out, so I was going to pick it up before going for my run.

I left work around 5:15.  I got to the mall about 20 minutes later.  I left the mall at 5:55 because the employee I'd pre-ordered my game from (Dead Island, btw) had gotten confused when she placed the order.  I had put some money down for a new Gears Of War 3 XBox 360 that doesn't come out until September 20th, but Dead Island was going to be for my PS3.  She's placed the order the 360 . . .

So it took another employee some time to work with the register so I could get my PS3 version of Dead Island.

When I got to my car I began heading over to the Toro Estates for my run.  After my run I was supposed to pick up my godson from his pee-wee football practice, but I got a restaurant emergency call from my mom saying she needed napkins.  I got to Smart and Final and was heading inside when she called again saying she needed 20 bunches of cilantro for salsa. 

Smart and Final doesn't carry cilantro . . . and it was 6:20.

I picked up the napkins and dropped them off at the restaurant then headed over to Save Mart.  I looked at the clock, 6:30 . . . I wasn't going to be able to make my run.  I was just gonna make it to pick up my godson.  He gets let out of practice at 7pm.  I got the cilantro, dropped it off and drove to Toro Park where he has his practice.  On my way there I got another restaurant emergency call from my mom.  She needed shrimp.  I wasn't going to be able to pick up the shrimp in time for when she needed it.

Oh well.


Just as I got to the park, my cousin called and she told me that the coaches had let the kids out early from practice and that my godson was scared that I'd forgotten him.  I told her to let him know I was just outside the gates of park and walking to the practice field.  He spotted me and showed me a huge grin.


We got in the car and we talked about practice and how the boys had made some game involving fruit, desserts and sodas.  It's like the paper flower game we played as kids where chose a number or a color . . . but instead of what type of life you were gonna live, you got kicked in the nads.


I got to the the cousins house hugged the daughter and the cuz and let her know that I'd be able to pick him up the next day.  I told her that I'd be running there, because she felt bad that I went outta my way to pick him up.  I told her that I had planned to run, but a bunch of other things got in the way.


I don't foresee any other "emergencies", we should be well stocked.  I am SO looking forward to tonights run.  I've not been able to sleep well the last couple of nights.  I've been eating horribly and I've gotta burn off these carbs my body has begun to take in again.  I can't wait to get back to 4HB!  Too many CARBS!!!  ARGGGHHH!


GD


p.s.
too lazy to check!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I offend THIS time?