Friday, September 09, 2011

Two days! Ugh!

So, for the last two days I've not taken a single jump.  What do I mean?  Well for a "run" to be called a "run", both feet must leave the earth while maintaining forward momentum.  In other words, a jump.

I know. 

Semantics. 

Whatever . . . the point is I've not gone running for the last couple of days.  I'd made a promise to my cousin that I'd go and support the daughter who was cheering at her first real football game.  It was a great game, if you happen to be the opposing teams fan.  The daughters' school was the visiting team and they got clobbered, 20-0.  The home team was making good passes and were great at defending the QB and their receivers.


The poor visiting teams' QB would make great passes, but there was no one to defend the receivers.  It appeared as if they were focusing on protecting the QB.  Nobody touched the QB.  The receivers were getting pasted.  Every once in a while though, you could see the potential of the team.  Something would happen when everything clicked for the team.  They saw openings and were able to defend the line and stop the home team from going further.  Or the QB would see something before a play and make a play change and the whole team would explode and scream forward for a first down.

I hate to say it, but I actually enjoyed watching high school football.

The daughters' cheer team were still having trouble with a couple of their cheers.  But that's why they are the the frosh cheerleaders.  They'll get better as the season goes and they'll soon be nailing those cheers!  They must've been working hard on them though, because there were only a couple of hiccups.  Also I'm proud to say that the daughter was calling the cheers!  She must be making an impression with the coaches.  She's a tiny thing but she's been cheering for years!  And she's been on a national champion team twice and one of those wins just this last year.

Boy!  I feel like her daddy gushing about her like this but she's a studious student, sharp as a tack extremely respectful of her mom.  My cousin is strict with her, but spoils her rotten sometimes.  The daughter knows her mom does the best she can for both her and my godson.

I could keep going, but I've gotta stop or I'll be emotional all day.  I live vicariously through my cousin and I try to be there for her and her kids as much as I can.  She has no one else who has the time and I'll be there until she doesn't want or need me there anymore.

I do plan on having a run tonight.  I'm feeling good physically.  I still have that funky twinge all along the right leg, so I'm gonna focus on relaxing on tonight's run.  I'll post up how it went tomorrow if not tonight.

GD

p.s.
too lazy for grammar check

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I offend THIS time?