Monday, February 20, 2012

Crossfit Ranch: Day One


Today was my first "real" Crossfit class. Not much different from what we were doing before. We again allowed ourselves to get beat to shit!

I got there and began my stretches. It's a set of exercises using pvc pipe we were recommended that we do before the actual workover. After that, it was the warmup of the day. Today it involved a rower and air squats. In this case 10/20/30. We started with 100 meters of rowing, 10 air squats, then 200 meters, 20 air squats and finish with 300 meters and 30 air squats. Then we were asked to do 15 deadlifts and 15 jumpboxes.  I was actually able to use a real jumpbox this time. Anyway, I thought that was the workover.

NOPE.

The workover was deadlifts first and then running. Simple, right? Nope. It was 21 deadlifts, 300 meter run. As many rounds as possible for 20 minutes. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO . . .

I completed 4 and a half rounds. I finished the last set of deadlifts just as he called time! When I dropped the barbell, I thought I was gonna black out! I had to find something to hold onto while I recovered.

I was pretty wrecked tonight, but my legs weren't in pain like they were last week. Just completely exhausted and workedover. I will be going for a run tomorrow. If not, I'll be hitting up Crossfit again tonight. I'm thinking that'll be more likely.

GD

p.s.
too wrecked to check, run smiley :)

p.p.s
i had to add one more item above in the warmup part.  i completely forgot about it last night because of how tired I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I offend THIS time?