Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Bad start to the week!

I'll get to the post topic in a bit.  First I wanna talk about a couple of characters I saw at Great America this past weekend.

When we first entered, there a couple of zombie tourists taking pictures with people entering the park are just generally freaking them out.  But . . .

There were two impressive (in my ever so humble opinion) that were just awesome if it was what I interpreted it to be.  There was a witch dressed in an elegantly tattered black dress.  She had a veil on so you couldn't see her face well.  There was a short, wiry monkey man standing behind her wearing a leather jacket and dark colored canvas pants and a snow cap on.  He was also wearing knee-pads with metal plates riveted on as well as heavy gloves.  His boots also had plates on the toes and heels.

They were both COMPLETELY in character!  I imagined her as the Wicked Witch of the West if she had ended up with Oz and the monkey man as here captain-guardian.  I want to believe that was the role they had concieved soooo bad because it was such an awesome concept!  The Wicked Witch of the West as Queen!

Anyway, like I said they were in character.  Whenever someone wanted to take a picture with her, she'd turn away and the monkey man would come between her and the requester.  Other times she'd allow a picture and then the monkey man's role really came into play . . .

 . . . once the picture was taken, the monkey man would follow the picture takers for a few steps until they realized he was behind them.  Then he'd monkey walk away back to the witch.  After a few seconds and the picture takers no longer were paying attention to him, that's when the monkey man would act!  He go running towards them and then drop to all fours, the metal plates finally coming into play.  He judged his momentum enough to come skidding up behind the picture takers for them to turn around and freak out at a skidding monkey man coming towards them with sparks flying from his boots, knees and palms!

I wish I had video.  It was awesome.

As far as the bad start to the week.  I'm referring to the lack of running since last Thursday.  I'm gonna have to make it up beginning tomorrow because I won't be able to tonight.  My mom needs someone to cover for her while she's at a local business meeting.  As to what it's for . . . I have no idea.

GD

p.s.
too lazy to check.  run smiley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I offend THIS time?