Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Braille running!

That's right I had a Braille run.  On trail.

Why am I calling it a Braille run?  Because I had to run in the dark, with no lights.

It. Was. AWESOME!

The cool thing about it is just by a busy highway (HWY 68).  Which made the run more difficult cause of the headlights burning into your eyeballs.  So, no night vision.  My night vision isn't that great anyway, I mean I can drive and stuff but at times I have trouble focusing.  Unless I have my glasses.  I prefer my glasses to contacts at night anyway.  Especially my Warby Parker Owens.



Usually they sell for $95, but I had to pay a bit more cause I'm frickin blind.  I think it's another $30.  They're good, solid frames with kick ass hinges!  I'll wear them during the day when it's a bit cloudy.

Ok, 'nuff gushin' on my glasses.

But since I didn't have my glasses, I ran with my contacts still in.  No biggie.  I figured this was my personal test to see if the rumors were true.  Supposedly, one gets to the point where one can run by feel alone.  I hoped I was advanced enough in my experience as a minimalist runner to actually make this somewhat true.  I can say that at least on a relatively flat trail, the rumors are true.

I'm not a fast runner by any means, but I ran the same time for that trail that I usually run.  And I found that I was so focused on how and what I was stepping on that I didn't feel tired until I had finished the run.

Pretty cool.

I'd like to go again, but I've gotta head over to my moms restaurant and help her out.  I may just run home after . . .

p.s.
too lazy to check.  run smiley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I offend THIS time?