Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Braille running: NO MORE

I received word from home that my Knuckle Lights had arrived via USPS.

After work I hurried home, threw on my running togs and out the door I went with my KL's.  It was past 6pm already and it was pretty frickin' dark!  I popped in the batteries turned them on and was a bit wary of the light . . .

They're not that bright . . . but I think that's the point.  Once I got running down the trail, my eyes adjusted and the lights were bright enough.  In fact, they were great!  It really is a nice wide beam from both that you have a nice wide view of stuff around you.

But try to look farther up the road and you were S.O.L.  Like I said, your night vision is obliterated.  It'll take a bit of time for you eyes to adjust once you shut off the lights.  I don't mean to make it sound that bad, it really isn't.  But I suggest if you're concerned with seeing what's going on WAY out there, take a flashlight or a headlamp.  Those are gonna be more spotlight than flood light.

For me, I'm really happy to have these.  I'm gonna try an experiment later on to try to increase night vision, though.  I gotta look for some red cellophane and see if that'll help.  Tape it on there and see if it works . . .

GD

p.s.
too lazy to check.  run smiley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I offend THIS time?