Friday, October 21, 2011

Ankle Pain . . . and stuff

This last week has been a bit of a bother.  I've had this sharp pain in my ankle when I twist it to the inside.  I can prevent the pain by relaxing the foot and just exerting pressure only when I need my foot to hold me.  So now I have to focus on staying completely relaxed throughout the run so as to not cause any discomfort to EITHER leg.  Remember, the other leg has the pain on the back of it.

But this is weird: when I get to the turn-around point in my run, most of the pain is gone.  I usually rest a couple of minutes (because it's uphill all the fucking way) before heading back to the start of the run.  After a minute or so into the run, I just run.  I let my mind go and kinda daydream for the next 10 or so minutes.  By the time I reach the end and I'm stretching,  I realize that the last bit was really fun!  I'm wishing I could have gone further.  The only reason I don't is because I've gotta pick up my godson from his practice.

But I have a long run planned for this weekend, Sunday morning hopefully.  I'd go tonight, but I'll be leaving work a bit late . . . and I'm a bit concerned about mountain lions.  They've been spotted on 68 on the Monterey side, but those bastards have a wide home range.  Gotta get me neck knife, or sword.

The daughter has a homecoming game tonight.  I'm not sure what here involvement is with that because she isn't part of the JV or Varsity cheer squad.  All I know is that she'll be going to the dance after the game.  I'm picking her up after cause her mom will likely still be crashed out.  She has work reallllly early.  Like at 3am early.  She said she'll probably try to make it in earlier cause she's taking the kids to Great America.  Formerly Paramount's, now Six Flags.  I wish I could join them, but I have to head over to the restaurant tomorrow afternoon.  If I'd had a bit more time, I could've planned it out better and had someone cover me.  Now I'll be stuck with my brother as the cook and I'll have to play the mediator with the customers who show up.  My brother sucks as the cook.

He can cook!  But he's just so  . . . sloooowwwwww.

I'm gonna need a beer after that.

GD

p.s.
too lazy to check.  run smiley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I offend THIS time?