Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Loaded evening!

Yesterday I had started out the day with a pretty good idea of what would be happening in the evening after work:

 - get out of work
 - head over to Toro Park for my run
 - cool down after run and pick up godson from practice
 - drop off godson and head over to store for Halloween stuff
 - get home, eat, catch up on 2nd episode of Terra Nove and 3rd episode of New Girl
 - shower, sleep

Uh, not quite.

 - get a call at work from cuz
  - cuz working overnight
   - need a bit of help
    - need sleep and kids need attending to, please
    - OK!
 - get out of work later than usual, 5:30
 - rush to Toro Park (moving violations involved)
 - get to park with enough time for a 20 minute run
 - no time to cool down
 - rush godson to car, head to cuz's house quickly but lawfully (kid in car)
 - get a call from cuz
  - DRAMA
   - daughters' recent ex shows up attempting to make amends with rose in hand
   - he came by bus, she's had no time to sleep
    - she's gonna be a zombie-like at work cause she has to take ex back home
    - daughter still needs ride to Confirmation class at 7pm
 - get to cuz's house, she hands me a check for daughter's Yosemite retreat
  - forgot cash for my promised half
 - head to bank with daughter, pull out cash
 - arrive at church 5 minutes late (apparently no biggie)
 - look for retreat organizer
  - can't interupt his class, but secretary is available (woo hoo)
 - hand over cash
  - where's permission slip (sonova!)
  - call cuz, no slip available
  - ask secretary if she has a spare
  - takes 10 minutes to locate
 - begin filling out slip
  - need insurance info (crap!)
 - inform secretary I'll be back
  - secretary informs me she splits at 8:15 on the dot!  (moving violations time)
 - arrive at cuz's house.
  - not there yet!
 - finally arrives handing me insurance info
 - fill out info and head out the door
 - get to the church (again with violations involved) and find secretary with 5 minutes to spare
  - she was packing up!
 - hand her permission slip and cash
 - get my receipt, thank her and head out to wait for the daughter
 - daughter's class doesn't let out til almost 8:30!
 - finally get her in car and wait for ALL the other parents to give up room to leave parking lot
  - have a nice conversation about ex and she's still on the fence
   - I remind her that I never liked her ex.
    - she's now on my side of the fence :)
 - take her to the cuz, say my goodbyes
 - go to indoor mall (blagh!)
 - go to Hot Topic (blargh!)
  - only have white powder make-up. still need white grease make-up
 - head over across the street to strip mall Party City
  - line out the freakin' door!
   - fortunately, line is for morons buying expensive one-time costumes
 - pick up grease paint, pencils and other doodads for costume ($12)
  - DONE
 - forgot other items for daily grooming
 - head back across the street to indoor mall
 - go to Bath & Body Works for awesome shaving cream (C.O. Bigelow aka Proraso rebrand)
 - starving
  - go to Panda Express (bad but oh so good)
  - grab kung pao chicken bowl with steamed rice
 - finally head home

I should'a had some water, but I said screw it.  I grabbed a Ruination, plopped down with my Panda and chopsticks. Grabbed the remote and VOD'ed Terra Nova and New Girl.

I was nodding off by the end of New Girl.  It was the wedding episode and fuckin' hilarious!  And it don't hurt Zooey is smokin hot and cute in the show.

Terra Nova was pretty cool with the tiny pteradactyls and all. I went to bed without a shower.  I pulled the sheets this morning after my shower and shave so don't worry.

So it was a pretty hectic evening.  I'm gonna have a little training session with the make-up tonight to iron out what I want to do.  I'm thinkin a zombie skull.  I'll even post a pic so you'll have at least SOME idea of who's posting up all this garbage.

I'm still debating a run tonight and right now I'm thinkin' I might.  A pretty good chance . . .

GD

p.s.
too lazy too check. especially on this one . . . run smiley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I offend THIS time?