Thursday, October 20, 2011

Haven't lost . . . haven't gained either!

So, I've been off the 4HB for a while now.  I know I should be on it.  I've been floatin' under 230 lbs since I stopped.  I think what has been helping me keep in line is the running.  Though it can be uncomfortable early in the run, I begin getting into it by the last half.

One of the things that 4HB tells you to do is stick with the same meal for the week.  My problem arose when I really stuck to that idea throughout my experience with it.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm usually happy when I have something to eat for lunch and I don't have to drive out somewhere.  The closest place to grab something is 10 to 15 minutes away.  Or I can grab something from the lunch truck . . . IF I can find it!

Naw, I'll be back on and with a better meal plan in a month.  Why in a month?  Cause that's when the cuz leaves and I begin watching the daughter at her place.  Easier to control myself without all the junk usually found around me at MY pad where my adult siblings usually keep junk around to satisfy their junk food habit either because of lack of self control or, as in the case of my brother, the ganj . . .  And he wonders why I don't partake of the weed.

Tried it once . . . nearly died.  I burnt the shit outta my esophagus while inhaling.  Nobody told the n00b how to inhale.

And I really have no interest in trying it after considering most eeeevery stoner I know.  Not a pretty picture.  Besides, I want to be a better role model for the daughter and my godson.  I'll keep my vices to expensive beers, ales, and other alcoholic beverages.  Why expensive?  If I can't afford it, I can't buy it.  Therefore I savor every sip.

Damn.  Now I want a beer.

So what is my beverage of choice?  For a while now, I've been diggin' IPA's.  Specifically Stones Ruination.  Now, here's the deal.  I'm allergic to something in IPA's and to a lesser degree, other beers.  I don't know what it is, but I always get stuffed up and begin sneezing.  But I LOVE the flavor so much, I don't give a shit!  Which is another reason why I can control my "genetic disposition" to alcoholism.  That's another topic for another day.  Suffice to say, most of my family members are functional addicts to one thing or another.  Either chemical or emotional.  Pick something, and I can find someone.

I see signs of those traits in the daughter and godson and I'm gonna fight my hardest to make sure they don't let those demons control them!

Wow.  Talk about a tangent.

The point of this post was to give you (whomever is reading this) and update as to how I'm progressing.  The weight issue is on the back burner for about a month.  The running is progressing nice and slow.  I'm going to try going for a long run on Sunday.  I believe I should be more comfortable now with the long run.  It'll probably be only 6 miles with plenty of walking somewhere in there.  But it's only one day a week and it shouldn't be too bad.  I'll be bringing some water with me, because I think that's what was hurting me on my previous long runs before the SVHM.  Maybe a handful of sunflower seeds at the halfway point for a bit of energy.  It shouldn't take me more than hour.  I think I can do an hour.  I hope.

GD

p.s.
too lazy to check. run smiley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I offend THIS time?