Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I've got a question . . .

. . .  not that anybody really reads this, but here goes:

Everything I read, running related, says that when you have a pain not an ache, you should stop and assess.  Here's MY thing though, I have a pain that only hurts when I'm running wrong.  When I'm relaxed, it's just a background ache that I can deal with.  At the end of the run, I'm relaxed enough that when there are hairy parts of the trail, I easily adapt to the terrain and nothing is aching or hurting.  So, should I stop running for a while til the ache completely dissipates or just continue and listen to my body and focus on form?

Until I hear otherwise, I'm gonna continue with the run.  I feel that my form can only get better and that these issues I have are my body telling how to improve.  If I had to rely on running for survival, I'd have to keep going and adapt.  I'm adapting.

And I feel that the pain is going away . . . slowly.  So I gotta be doing something right.  Right?

GD

p.s.
too lazy to check. run smiley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I offend THIS time?